CHAPTER 3
I just stared at Nuhh-Ahh as she waved her little finger in front of me. Apparently, Chee had just gave her a ring- a silver one; with a heart-shaped charm on it. Outside, I just rolled my eyes at her. "Yeah, it's nice.", I said, turning at my Maths book. "Do you like it?", Nuhh asked, slightly mad at me for not-being-envy-for-her. Actually, I was green with envy inside. "It's cool", I answered, without budging. She stared, narrowed her eyes at me. Then, still sulking, she went joining the other girls chatting at the back class. Then I saw another few girls giggling staring at their fingers. How did Chee have so many rings? I couldn't take it- I started walking to Chee's desk. She wasn't there. I saw her pencil case open. A ring with a dove on it was shining out of it. Suddenly, a wave of envy swept me. It's so unfair! Why didn't I get a ring? I opened Chee's pencil case. That was the only ring. I never had this feeling- a feeling that made you want something from a person, who, apparently you didn't like, but you want to like her. It's kind of complicated but, it was, my first time having that silly feeling. Looking around me, I took that ring and dug it in my pocket. Then, I scrambled back to my seat. Coincidently, Mrs RunShoes came in. Everyone made innocent faces and when back to their seats. During class, I kept looking at Chee, wondering if she noticed the lost ring. Luckily, she didn't even glance at her pencil case.
As class ended, I packed my stuffs so fast as if my hair was on fire! I didn't want anybody to ask anything! I felt a bit guilty but.. What should I do? Give the ring back and said "I found it in my pocket"? My head was spinning so hard, I didn't notice the ring falling out of my pocket. Nuhh noticed and she was like, "Ima!!!". I turned. "I think you dropped something... WAIT. This looks familiar..", she held the ring and looked like she was about to blow! "Oh, so you got a ring too? Why didn't you told me?! No wonder you weren't jealous!". I breathed a sigh of relief as I told her, "Actually, you weren't paying attention when I told you." She calmed down and shrugged, "Whatev, here's your ring- and my homework."
No comments:
Post a Comment